Saturday, December 10, 2016

Heart is Where the Home Is



Material possessions sometimes have more of an influence on one’s life then they really should.  Food and shelter are things that are required to sustain a healthy physical existence, and everything else is a luxury.  Material things do not dictate who anyone is as an individual.  They only serve as a physical extension of who a person is on the inside. 

My childhood home has been up for short sale since the middle of September.  I have lived off of Nicodemus Road in Reisterstown for close to thirty one years.  I moved to Taneytown due to my mother marrying another man.  My biological father took the house over, and I still visited the house every other weekend.  I moved back into my childhood home after my mother passed away in early 2001. 

I still am not able to find a place to live after the house that I have lived in all of my life has been sold.  I might end up in a place that might not suit all of my needs because of my gift of Cerebral Palsy.  I was a little blue about the idea that something bad might happen to me at first.  I got over all of my negative thinking within three days or so.  I realized that no one can take my mind away.  As long as I have my thoughts, then I am the same person that I have always been even if I no longer have a physical address of residence.  My thoughts and mind are what define my character.  One’s thoughts and heart go together.  You cannot have a person who thinks positive things with an evil heart.  The heart is where an individual’s home exists.  Home is not a physical by any means.  As long as I have a good head on my shoulders, then I will always have a good home. 

At the end of the day, the home that I have always lived in was never mine to begin with.  This house was always my father’s place.  Now that he has passed away, it would be best if the house passes on to a new owner as well.  I already have home within my heart and mind.  I do not need anything else in order to be happy.    

No comments:

Post a Comment