Monday, December 26, 2016

Changes for the Better

(Please read "The Beginning of My Physical Transformation" before reading this post.)



During February 2015, I thought it was time to start dressing as female as well as look into starting hair removal.  I had been on hormones for about eleven months or so, and now it was time to take the next major step in my transition.  I was extremely nervous about how I was going to look in women’s clothes, but I decided to step up to the plate anyway. 

I did not purchase anything that was noticeably feminine for quite a while.  I bought a few pairs of jeans as well as slack pants.  The blouses I bought were very plain, and did not have any designs on them whatsoever.  I actually wore these clothes to work, and so one said a word to me.  I never went bought anything at a physical store location.  Everything I purchased was online through Amazon, Target, or Walmart.  Walmart always had things cheap items for sale in its clearance section.  I picked up the slack pants for about eight dollars apiece.

My mustache and beard have always been made up of light and dark hairs.  The best way for me to approach hair removal was to start with laser and then transfer to electrolysis at a later time.  The closest place to me was only about five minutes away from where I lived.  The prices seemed to be a little more expensive than the other companies I had checked out, but I would have had to waste a lot more money in gas if I would have gone with any of them.  I paid almost three hundred dollars for the full face in each session.  I never actually saw any hair fall out after each session was finished.  I had always heard that some hairs would fall out a few days after a hair removal session.  That experience never happened to me.  I did laser for about five months before I switched to electrolysis.  I still had some sections on my face with dark hair, but it was nowhere near as bad as when I first started.  Laser was getting quite expensive, and I just could not afford it anymore.  Electrolysis was cheaper even if it covered a smaller area of my face. 

I finally had taken two huge steps regarding my transition, and I reached these plateaus unscathed.  The fear I had envisioned was something I made up in my head.  I created problems out of things that did not exist.  Once I finally decided to see the reality of the situation, I was no longer afraid to go for what I wanted.  I lived in fear of transition for almost a decade.  I finally set my emotions free from their invisible cages.    


No comments:

Post a Comment